1. What is abzolute?
abzolute enables a TV to run digital signage apps. Digital signage content and apps are controlled using a web-based dashboard. The abzolute hardware device connects to the internet and the HDMI port of your TV. abzolute is simple to use, affordable, and effective.
1. What happens if the WiFi goes down?
If the WiFi goes down, the current content will continue to play. When WiFi returns the content will update again.
2. How do I setup the WiFi?
When you first turn on the device, you'll plug in a mouse to choose a network and enter the network password.
3. Do I have to configure the WiFi on device each time it is rebooted?
You only have to add the device to the network once.
4. Can I plug the device into ethernet?
The Standard Edition only has WiFi. The Enterprise Edition can be used with WiFi or Ethernet.
5. What is the MAC Address for my device?
To find the MAC address, plug in a mouse into the device. Restart the device. After the device boots up, click the right mouse button. You should go to the desktop. Press the gear button on the bottom right of the screen. On the top right of the screen click the orange "Other" button. Then click "More Settings". Scroll to the bottom and click "About MediaBox". Then click "Status". The MAC address is under "Wi-Fi MAC address".
6. Is offline-mode supported?
Offline-mode is supported on the Enterprise, All-In-One, and All-In-One touch editions. Many apps are interactive so support for offline mode varies from application to application.
7. Does the screen support portrait mode?
Yes, the screen can run apps in portrait mode. Apps that support portrait mode are marked as such.
8. What image and video formats are supported?
Standard image formats: JPG, PNG, and GIF. HD videos are supported through Youtube links (.MPEG4, MP4)
9. What is the resolution of the screen and apps?
Landscape mode resolution is 1080px x 1920px. Portrait mode resolution is 1080px x 1920px.
Can I see if the screen is online?
Yes, there is a status light on the dashboard that tells if the screen is or isn't connected to the internet.
Can one dashboard command multiple screens?
Yes, one dashboard can be configured to control multiple screens.
Can I see the screen full screen in the dashboard?
Yes, click the full screen button.
1. Do I need one device per screen?
Yes, the system is architected so that each screen has to be uniquely identified. So each screen requires a device.
2. If the device looses power what happens?
If the device looses power it will turn off. When power comes back, the device will automatically turn on and start playing content. You don't have to turn the device on or press any buttons.
3. What's in the box for standard?
- Standard Edition digital signage computer
- HDMI cable
- USB cable (5 feet)
- Power adapter (DC 5V 2A)
- Instructions with link to dashboard
4. What else do I need?
- 1080p TV with an HDMI input
- USB mouse for setup
5. Is there a limit on how big or small the TV has to be in inches?
If the TV is 1080p the TV can be any physical size.
1. Is there a limit to the number of slides or video I can upload?
There is no limit to the number of slides, images, videos that you can upload.